Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Like sands through the hourglass.

It's been awhile since I've updated. I've been fairly busy with buying a house. Hopefully at the end of this week I will be a home owner! Then the work will begin. You see, the seller has been dragging her feet and waited to the last minute to get everything done...but it was to late. So we keep on having to push back close. I think we're done pushing back close now...Friday it is!

So, not much has been going on. Iran has a nuclear facility, a terrorist cell was found in the United States.

One thing has kinda floored me today. How about in Middleville Michigan a woman got a letter from the state Department of Health Services asking her to stop running her illegal day care or face jail time and fines. My first impression was "ha, she got caught, good for her thats funny." As the story develops, though, I was just floored. Apparently her neighbors was leaving their kids with her in the morning to catch the bus, while the parents went to work. Seems fairly harmless to me. So this woman, Lisa Snyder, decided to call the Department of Health to clear up everything. Department of Health asks her "Do the children go into your house?" Her response? "If it's raining i don't want them to sit outside and get soaked" The States response? "Have their parents buy them an umbrella." Is that a catch 22? So you buy your kid an umbrella, you leave the alone to go outside in the pouring rain so you can go to work. You go to work, Bus comes by 10 minutes later. Isn't that considered Child Neglect? OH! I get it, you want us to show up late for our job to tend to our kids. So by showing up late, we get fired. You get no tax money?...

Bureaucracy! This is exactly what I hate about Bureaucracy. No one can come examine the situation and say "well, this is acceptable" or "No, that's really not acceptable" It's "I don't care if it is or isn't acceptable, it falls under this guideline...even though it is not specifically listed, it is considered this...so stop!" Do they need to get a babysitter certification to have kids come over and play? This is the silliest cast of 'slow government' day i've ever seen. I can't believe that there aren't bigger fish to fry in the state of Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment