Thursday, October 29, 2009

The ignorant leading the blind.

It's been one month since I've posted anything. A lot has happened in this past month...on a personal level. Well, maybe not a lot, but everything that did happen was overwhelming. I am finally a homeowner. How about it? I'm busier now then I have ever been. My sister-in-law was in a car accident. It's amazing how a very traumatic accident can result in, what feels like, a 'life-stopping' event. The world seemed to have stopped moving and everyone's problems seemed to cease to exist. Politics didn't seem to matter, Gas prices, war, world hunger, national debt, none of this mattered. In no way am I saying that this is a bad thing at all, it is just utterly amazing. On this note I still pray for a speedy recovery.

I'm tired of hearing about our 'fair and just' president. What has he done to 'shock and awe' us? Tell us he's going to start removing troops from Iraq only to move them to Afghanistan. Tell the 'middle class' that he's going to cut our taxes. Only to make me feel that I can't be successful as a professional and make 'money'. Threaten to charge me for health care for Joe Schmoe down the road because he can't afford it, which I'll get taxed for so thanks for trying to cut taxes.

So, all in all, he's moved troops from Iraq to Afghanistan and sent more troops over to assist. Make the middle class feel as if they can't become successful otherwise they'll get taxed out the ying-yang, and try to tax me for health care for someone I don't even know.

Did you know our 'fair and just' president has golfed more times during his presidency then George W. Bush did for all 8 years of his presidential reign? How about, on average, every other week he is taking a Three-day weekend? If you ran a company and an employee took off that many days, how productive would it be? So how productive is our president? How about he decided it was more important to get the Olympics in Chicago then face bigger larger problems we have? Now, not only do we have a slacker for a president, we have a slacker for a president with HORRIBLE priorities.

He pushed a 'bail-out' plan. This Bail-out plan was going to supply more jobs to more people and bring up the unemployment level. And the unemployment level is increasing still. What happened to this bail out plan?

President Obama has wrote a couple books, if no one knew. "Dreams from my Father" and "The Audacity of Hope" In the political position he's in, He should not take sides of race or of beliefs. With that being said, I'd like to take a couple quotes from both of those books.

From Dreams of My Father:'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father :'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father:'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father:'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father:'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself: the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.' And Finally

From The Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction"

If that doesn't send a chill down your spine, I don't know what will.

With Great power comes Great responsibility, but our president has yet to show me the responsibility.


No comments:

Post a Comment